Planning, Zoning, & Floodplain Administrator
The Zoning Administrator is the central figure in zoning administration. All zoning and subdivision cases are coordinated through the office of the Zoning Administrator. The Zoning Administrator is not a policy maker but a policy follower. He/she is an appointed individual who also serves as the County Floodplain Administrator.
- Receives, reviews and issues Zoning Permits;
- Receives and reviews Applications for Variances and Conditional Use Permits;
- Receives requests for rezoning;
- Prepares Resolutions for amending zoning regulations, subdivision regulations, comp plan, zoning map;
- Reviews and Issues floodplain development permits when development occurs in the Floodplain;
- Prepares all documents for submission to the Planning Commission and/or Board of Adjustment;
- Is knowledgeable and follows the ‘Open Meetings Act’ when conducting public meetings;
- Attends meetings, takes minutes and preserves documents according to state statutes;
- Takes an advisory role to the Planning Commission and Board of Adjustments and educates each board on the County Comprehensive Plan and Zoning Regulations;
- Is responsible for presenting the applicant’s request to the County Board of Supervisors for their action;
- Is responsible for site visits to insure compliance with County Zoning Regulations as directed by the County Board of Supervisors;
- Is responsible for completing reports and providing documents to the Nebraska Department of Agriculture to fulfill the County’s commitment to the ‘Livestock Friendly Program’.